Sunday, April 26, 2015

Kirstina's One-Year Old Pictures

Tuesday, April 14th--Kirstina turned one year old about a month ago, and I need to get some pictures taken of her to mark her growth.  Usually, I get pictures of the kids professionally done or have my talented sister take them.  However, we are in Japan and I have no way to get Kirstin's pictures done other than to do it myself.  I'm not nearly as talented as my sister, but my amateur pictures are better than nothing. 
Caitlin needed a quiet house to work on her math, so I took all of the kids to the park that is across the street from the church and the temple.  We have had a lot of rain lately, and things have really turned green.  I thought this park would give us some good spots to take some pictures of Kirstin.
Good spots, indeed!  Spring looks good in this park and on this garden.
The three boys quickly found some sticks to use as guns and swords and took off running around the park.  Audra split her time between the boys' war and us girls who were trying to make Kirstin hold still and look at the camera.
 
Kirstin wasn't being the most cooperative baby and I was thankful that I had Tayla around to help me.  Working together, we were able to get a few good pictures.
We found this spot and thought it was a great spot to take pictures.....it was so pretty.
Seriously.  It's like a dream.  There was even a duck floating around.  Perfection.
Plenty of spring flowers to enjoy.
The temple steeple rising above the trees gave us a pretty view as the sun began to set.
 
Tayla and I tried our best, but Kirstin was kind of a pill through the whole ordeal.  She deliberately wouldn't look at me and whined the whole time.  Little stinker.  After a while, I gave up and just took some candids of the three girls together. 
In the end, we got a few good ones of Kirstin.  We were also able to take some really pretty pictures of the park across from our church.  It is such a pretty garden and it was peaceful to the soul to be here this evening with most of the kids, even if the boys were fighting quite the epic battle with their sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment